Were You Victimized by the NYPD?
Police officers in New York are supposed to protect people — not harm them. Unfortunately, some members of New York City's law enforcement community do not act with the respect and restraint that are required by law. Bringing a civil claim against the City of New York or an NYPD officer for the use of excessive force or other civil rights abuses during criminal arrest or jail processing can quickly become complex — not to mention intimidating.
Goldberg & Allen, LLP, has a proven track record of representing clients with police brutality and false arrest claims in Brooklyn, the Bronx and other boroughs of New York City. Prior to pursuing civil claims on behalf of victims of police brutality, our lawyers served as First Deputy Bureau Chiefs and prosecutors for the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office. We bring our knowledge and more than 60 combined years of trial experience to help you pursue justice for the wrongs you may have suffered or sustained.
Experienced Lawyers Fighting Police Misconduct in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Surrounding Areas of NYC
Our attorneys have recovered significant six-figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients who suffered serious injury or other harm as a result of excessive force, delayed action, racial profiling or procedural wrongdoing that constituted a violation of their constitutional or civil rights. Some of our recent successes* include:
- A $650,000 settlement following a vicious beating of a man arrested for a minor drug charge. [BJ v. City Of New York]
- A $340,000 settlement received for an autistic man in Brooklyn who was falsely arrested and imprisoned for a year after being forced to give a coerced confession to the murder of his sister. The case received national attention.
- A $310,000 settlement for an inmate at Rikers Island who lost vision in one eye due to unnecessary delays by the Prison Health Services in providing medical care. [EH v. City of New York and Prison Health Services]
- A $300,000 settlement obtained for a 70-year-old doctor who suffered serious financial and psychological harm after being falsely arrested and indicted for insurance fraud. [AS v. City of New York and the Bronx D.A.]
- A $215,000 settlement obtained for a client whose ankle was fractured due to the excessive use of force by NYPD officers during arrest. [AS v. City of New York]
Why Hire Our Midtown Manhattan-Based Law Firm?
As prosecutors, we lectured at the Police Academy regarding illegal search and seizure, probable cause and other legal requirements for criminal arrest — experience that can prove invaluable in assessing and investigating your claim. As criminal defense attorneys, we have extensive experience in challenging police conduct and procedure. Our attorneys' proactive analysis, thorough claim preparation and aggressive pursuit of justice mean we will keep the pressure on as long as necessary to obtain results on your behalf.
Call (866)-582-1893 Now for a Free Case Evaluation and Confidential Consultation
Hire the lawyers who trained the police and prosecutors. If you or a family member has been the victim of police misconduct in the Bronx, Brooklyn or elsewhere in New York City, call us at (866)-582-1893 to request a free consultation.
*Please note that past results do not necessarily guarantee the success of current or future claims.